Friday, April 6, 2012

I've found Jesus... And he is freaking huge!! Oh and Guys I Took More Pictures of Mountains!!

So a busy two weeks it's been! I guess I'll start with last Monday.
Last Monday, or March 27th, was my host brother Pablo's Birthday. The tradition at least in this household is that everyone wakes up at 7 before school and brings breakfast to the birthday person in bed and everyone drinks juice as they open presents. I got him a small box that I bough in Cafayate for him to hold his guitar pics in, and made him this card that took me 2 hours to draw and color. That night a bunch of family members came over for pizza, empanadas, and cake.
(The family blowing out the candles)
The party was a lot of fun, my two girl cousins speak really really fast, especially when talking to each other and are constantly telling one another to shut up, it's like a normal happy family :)

The rest of the week went by without anything of big importance to mention.

Then on Sunday my family decided to take a day trip to El Carmen in the Province of Jujuy (who-whoy). We went to this lake with a really nice view of the mountains and a really nice restaurant. And for lunch, this is the most surprising part, I ate fried fish. OH MY GOD I know I ate fish! But i did make a promise to eat anything they put in front of me! And I took a picture as proof.
The restaurant had a really nice view of the lake and the MOUNTAINS.

We just kind of chilled at the lake and stared clouds and took a really nice boat ride on the lake.

After hanging out at that lake for a while we started this really nice trip through the mountains to get to another lake near by. It was an awesome experience to actually be able to go up on a mountain. The road was really curvy and really high up, and I think got vertigo a couple times.
(This is my favorite mountain. I love mountains <3) 

The lake we went to was really nice. When we got there the first thing I noticed was this really big wall with hundreds of names written on it.
 
"This is the wall of love every lover write your name". It's a really cute idea, the wall goes on for the next several hundred feet, and there are A LOT of names written on it.

We fished for a little bit and then left to go see one more sight.
The next sight we went to was well... this
Yes that is Jesus. And yes he is giganticized.
Just for a comparison see the photo below
That's me the little person in the green shirt, and behind me in ginormous Jesus. I also think that Jesus has some sort magic powers over nature because I was able to take this photo in which in think the background looks completely fake, yet it's not.
Lastly on the way home I noticed this TOTALLY awesome playground and made my family stop so I could go on the slide.
However, unseen was the little straight part at the bottom of the slide. So of course I go as fast as I possible can  down the slide and then pretty much destroyed my tail bone, but it was still really fun!

So over all, that trip was really fun!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend!!!
Besos! Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment